Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome to some new challenge participants...

So pleased to say hello to some new challenge friends. (I was going to put "challengers" but I thought, what is this, The Hunger Games? We're not challenging to COMPETE or WIN, we're just challenging ourselves, duh! So--if you have a good name we can call each other, throw it my way.)

MARGIE WHITE (@justbooks)

-Poetry
-Graphic Novels
-Middle Grade/Young Adult
-History/Bio Nonfiction
-Historical Fiction
-Short Story/Essay Collections
-Guy-friendly reads
-Chicago Authors or Settings
-Fiction with food in the title or on the cover (seriously, one of our local book clubs does this with just fruit -- it's easier than you'd think, e.g., Where the God of Love Hangs Out by Amy Bloom; Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel, Travelling with Pomegranites by Sue Monk Kidd.)
-Customer Recommendations

MLA (@thepapertyger)

Mystery/Thriller/Detective
Beach Read/Guilty Pleasure
Classics I Skimmed in School
First Books by Well-Known Authors
Books That Inspired Films
Post WWII Fiction
Memoir/Biography/Authobiography
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Books in French
Graphic Novels

ALYSON BEECHER

Mysteries/Crime/Thriller
Historical Fiction
A book turned into a movie/prior to the movie release
Dystopian
Zombies/werewolves/vampires - from an author I haven't read
A Classic children's book I have never read
A book about food/food central to the theme
YA Realistic Fiction
A Debut Author
A book where the main character has a disability/central to story

1 comment:

  1. I read about your challenge on the School Library Journal website. I'm in! My list is on my Kiddosphere @ Fauquier blog.

    ReplyDelete